On Highway No.3 (Sukhumvit) just opposite the Trat Hospital is a turn into Plai Khlong Road which leads to Wat Bupharam , a distance of two kilometres. Built in circa 1648 during the Ayutthaya era, it features the oldest wooden Viharn in the country. The architectural style and the remaining wall murals are of early Rattanakosin influence with a mix of Chinese touch. The temple’s museum houses scores of valuable ancient relics, particularly the Holy Relic, Buddha statues in different postures and Chinese and European porcelain items. All these point to commercial and cultural exchanges carried out between the different parts of the world in the past.
Wat Yotha Nimit , also known as Wat Bot, is located on Thetsaban 4 Road near the city pillar. With fine murals in its former Ubosot, the temple was once used as the site for oath of allegiance ceremony by government officials since the time of King Tak Sin. The rite was shifted to Wat Phai Lom by King Rama V.
Located on Lak Muang Road, the City Pillar stands in a Chinese-style building. Erected by King Tak Sin, it is a highly revered edifice for the townspeople
Residanggamport Residence on Lak Muang Road is an old 3-storey building once used the residence of the French governor when the town was occupied in 1904-1907. Subsequently, it was turned into the residence of Trat governors since 1928.
Along Highway No. 318 (Trat-Khlong Yai) are several white clean beaches including Hat Ban Chun at Km. 59 of Highway No. 318 (Trat-Khlong Yai). There are accommodations available.
The Khao Lan Thai Red Cross Centre on Trat-Khlong Yai Highway at Km. 48 was formerly a facility to assist Cambodian refugees who fled fighting in their country into Thailand beginning in 1978 until peace returned in 1986. After the refugees were repatriated, the centre closed down. Today, the site has been adapted into a tourist facility.
Ban Hat Lek is the furthest border village in Trat. It is on Highway No. 318 within Khlong Yai district about 16 kilometres from the district town, or some 89 kilometres from the provincial capital. After the conflict ended in Cambodia, it has become a channel for Thai-Cambodia trading. There is an immigration check point at the border. Visitors wishing to enter Cambodia from here have to apply for visa at the Cambodian Embassy in advance.
Ban Nam Chieo is about 8 kilometres from town on the Trat-Laem Ngop route. It is noted for Ngop Nam Chieo, a native hat to ward off the sun. The hat is woven with local palm leafs from plants grown in mangrove area. It is still widely used today as it is light and comfortable. In addition to the traditional shape, it has been adapted into other more fashionable shapes as souvenir.
Ao Tan Khu
The Ko Chang Yutthanawi Memorial
Ao Tan Khu is a bay with fine sandy beach popular with local people during holidays. It is 4 kilometres. Off Highway No. 3156 (Ban Saen Tung-Laem Ngop).
The Ko Chang Yutthanawi Memorial , at Laem Ngop, commemorates the Franco-Thai naval engagement on January 17, 1941. There are also the Statue of Prince Chumphon, father of the Thai navy, and a warship-shaped museum displaying old equipment and armament of the fleet with exhibits on the Ko Chang naval battle.